- Zvezda – 5011 – IS-2 – Finished Model
- Zvezda – 5011 – IS-2 – Base Coat
- Zvezda – 5011 – IS-2 – Construction Done
- Zvezda – 5011 – IS-2 – MasterClub bolts
- Zvezda – 5011 – IS-2 – Turret Construction Review
- 1/72 IS-2 Comparison: Zvezda, Italieri and PST
I wanted to improve the bolts for my IS-2 from Zvezda (1/72), as the ones on the real tank are hexagonal, not round. So I’ve searched the web and came across this Russian company called MasterClub which had exactly what I needed: 0.5 mm hexagonal bolts “on a turn key basis”. I think there is not a single kind of bolts and nuts this company doesn’t supply. For under 10 EUR via eBay (plus transport) I got myself 180 tiny little bolts.
I made the first attempt on the rear engine access plate. Just drilled the holes and inserted the bolts, and at the end I added a small drop of superglue on the inside face. The original plastic pull rings (which look quite good) were replaced also. Zvezda did a terrific job with those weld seams around the hinges.
A closeup, to see the hexagonal shape of the bolt.
I think these bolts really improve the look of a model, especially in larger scales, where you can actually see the difference. Highly recommended!